I decided to focus on sonic details with this instrumental. I built everything step by step, and focused on experimenting with different tools and parameters that I hadn't previously modified. As the sequencing came together, I revisited these details, filtering or switching drum sounds, equalizing separate drum tracks, and modifying synths.
It was difficult to create a structure, since I had been focusing on individual sonic elements rather than the overall composition. I only had a few painstakingly crafted loops, and I didn't have a predetermined song form in mind. I think it would have been much easier to block out if I had had some basic lyrics in mind during construction. I will revisit the structure if I come up with some lyrics.